Collegiate Church Corporation
|JOB TITLE:||Marketing Communications Assistant|
|JOB TYPE:||Temporary, Part Time|
Non-exempt, 15-20 hours per week
Feb to June 2017
|REPORTS TO:||Digital Strategist|
We have an immediate need for an exceptionally driven Marketing Communications Assistant to help with a range of day-to-day activities that deal with marketing materials, social media and website. As a member of the communications team, the assistant will the development and execution of the organizations’ communications strategy. The assistant will help with creating tailored content for print materials, website, e-newsletter, social media, reports and presentations. We are looking for a bright and motivated person with a positive attitude and a global business mindset who can work effectively on their own as well as part of the team.
The ideal candidate will have: strong communication abilities; excellent writing skills; research skills; the ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them in layman’s terms; strong project management skills; and comfort with technology (e.g., content management systems, online tools) and social media.
- Coordinate production of printed marketing and communications pieces (brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Send out regular e-newsletters and other email blasts
- Post content to the website
- Update supporter information in the database
- Assist with providing marketing and communications print and online materials to staff
- Monitor google analytics and social media metrics
- Organize communications files and resources including print and media archives
- Coordinate marketing communication logistics for organization events
- Serve as liaison as needed with tech support, vendors and consultants
- Provide administrative support when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration with internal team members as well as consultants, partners and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Experience with or interest in writing blogs and social media content
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Docs
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+
- Basic knowledge of photo-editing and document-design programs, web pages and social media trends is strongly desired
- Able to provide basic technical assistances when needed
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field such as communications, journalism, public relations or marketing.
- At least two years of experience in communications with responsibility including managing a budget, planning communications and interacting with vendors, organizations and decision-makers.
The Marketing Communications Associate will be required to participate in occasional immediate responses particularly in emergencies or special circumstances. The associate will to attend special events, some of which occur in the evenings or on weekends where some travel may be required.
- Frequently required to sit in open work space.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and one writing sample to Lucretia Holden, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line reference INT 2017-MCA; submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls. Please note that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful passing of background checks.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About Collegiate Church Corporation
Collegiate Church Corporation is part of Collegiate Church, the oldest Protestant Church in North America with a continuous ministry since 1628. It has ministered under three flags – Dutch, English, and American. It is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America. The Collegiate Church maintains four places of worship under the care of one Consistory – Fort Washington, Marble, Middle and West End Churches. It operates under a charter granted in 1696 by King William III of England acting upon a petition for religious freedom. The charter was confirmed in 1753 by the legislature of the colony of New York and continued in force by the Constitution of the State of New York.
COLLEGIATE CHURCH CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.